Top Ten Romance Authors of All Time
- Jane Austen (1775-1817) Pride and Prejudice (1813), Sense and Sensibility (1811) and Persuasion (1818).
- Charlotte Brontë (1816-1855) Jane Eyre (1847)
- Emily Brontë (1818-1848) Wuthering Heights (1847)
- Margaret Mitchell (1900-1949) Gone With the Wind (1937)
- Audrey Niffenegger (1963 – ) The Time Travel- er’s Wife (2003)
- Nicholas Sparks (1965 – ) The Notebook (1996), A Walk to Remember (1999), Dear John (2006) and Safe Haven (2010)
- Nora Roberts (1950- ) She has written 209 romance novels
- Jude Deveraux (1947 – ) A Knight and Shining Armour (2002)
- Julie Garwood (1944 – ) The Wedding (2011)
- Judith McNaught (1944 – ) Whitney My Love (1985)
(From Famous Authors.org)
Did You Know?
Davy Crockett was an American frontiersman, soldier and politician
who served as a US Congressman for the state of Tennessee.
After being defeated, he was quoted as saying,
“You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas.”
Afterwards, he joined in the Texas Revolution and died in the Battle of the Alamo.
February 2019 Calendar of Events
Feb. 4—Regular Meeting
All Submissions for the Texas Issue of Best of Critique Café due by meeting time.
Mission Statement – The mission of Critique Café Chatter is to spotlight the talents and writing efforts of the members of Critique Café Fort Stockton Area Writers Group. Contributing members of this newsletter hope to reach out to others within the community who enjoy creative writing and the literary arts. In the spirit of our sponsor H. Edward Petsch Arts and Music Memorial Fund, we are striving to stimulate the arts within the Fort Stockton, TX area.